1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding a part-time job (no luck!)

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by melba, Mar 20, 2019.

1. melba

melba New commenter

I'm finding that there are not many PT roles out there! This was the case last year too, I really don't want to go back FT to have to request for PT (which could also be declined). A friend went for a FT role then on offer haggled for PT fortunately it was given but they almost said no!

Anyone else in a similar position?

annascience2012 likes this.
  2. annascience2012

annascience2012 New commenter

I finally got offered a part time job this year, starting september. (A bit nervous but excited!). For me, I wanted 0.6-0.8 but nothing was coming up in the ads except FT. The way I did it was phone up each school that was advertising FT, tell them a bit about myself and ask them if they would be willing to interview me for 0.6/0.8. I did this with three schools, all independent, and two said yes and one said no. One of the ones who said yes said it would be 0.8 spread out over 5 days, with some Saturday school (not right for what I needed at all) so I said thanks but no, and the other interviewed me. And I got the job thank goodness, 0.8, four days.
    Don't be put off by schools only advertising for FT, I think lots of the time 0.8 would fit their needs just as well but they advertise FT to get more interest. Good luck!
    (PS this is in secondary - Not sure if my logic is true for primary).

MissGeorgi and DaisysLot like this.
  3. melba

melba New commenter

Thank you, I think I may start dropping some emails!:)

annascience2012 likes this.
  4. Ohwell

Ohwell New commenter

This is what I did too. It was almost more unusual for them to say no to part time. Does depend on what you teach. I am secondary and non core subject. I do 0.8 now. One full day off. Noticed more part time positions this year.

DaisysLot and annascience2012 like this.
  5. SteffenCarter

SteffenCarter New commenter

If you are searching part time job in Singapore then you can apply on online portals through which you will find the job according to your interest.

6. joyanadia38

joyanadia38 New commenter

Here are several options in Malta. Some are remote and this is the best solution considering the demand on webinars and remote education. See here.