1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Financial Services

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Pete1969, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Dear All, with the potential of a government diktat enforcing financial management education I wonder if anybody has considered looking into additional or supplemetary studies via CII, IFS or CISI?
    I must admit an interest here as I do work for CISI.

Pete

2. Dear All, with the potential of a government diktat enforcing financial management education I wonder if anybody has considered looking into additional or supplemetary studies via CII, IFS or CISI?
    I must admit an interest here as I do work for CISI.

Pete

3. busadam

busadam New commenter

That's interesting. Are you promoting CISI courses, or fishing for a market?
    We deliver the excellent CISI professional regs quals as well as the well resourced IFS financial capability programmes. The IFS material is pitched directly at level 2 / 3 learners especially for young adults. The CISI material currently has a much more professional feel - way over the head of our learners - your soiree into the A-level market is ambitious and very much aimed at the public school cohort. The requirements for professional exam plus an extensive research project is currently up against the more saleable prospect of 3 professional exams from the IFS programme.
    With regards material content, both qualifications contain the same info - personal finance and sector jargon. IFS level 1 and 2 programmes are, as I mentioned, excellently pitched and resourced for students setting out on understanding their finances.
    Hope this helps. I am happy to discuss our delivery and we have a new IFS course starting with adults next week. You are welcome to come along and talk to learners.
    Have a good weekend
    Adam