1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finallym - Dear Theo - I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Di_1985, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Hi!
    I have bugged you a lot since I qualified in FE last year so wanted to let you know I have finally landed a job! Its as a cover supervisor in a secondary school for 1 year, which is a far better prospect than a year hoping for supply and helps me gain further secondary experience to justify me gaining professional parity with QTS!
    Was really surprised that I got it, 8 candidates, 2 posts but I was appointed first and told they still hadn't chosen the second! I keep wondering what I did to impress them as everyone was highly qualified with degrees and teacher training/supply/sen experience and I couldn't call it!
    Very pleased- the school is one to be part of, just awarded Outstanding by ofsted, really into sustianble energy/resources, pupils were very knowledgeable about issues that affect the school, amazingh community feel to it and it's an inspring new/rennovated building with a staff room overlooking the sea [​IMG]
    I think I'm going to be very happy here [​IMG]

2. Sorry for sloppy post, cannot edit!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Firstly congratulations on the job!
    Not teaching, but keeps you in education and as you so rightly say far better than intermittent supply. You'll probably learn masses too and have a much better application for next year's rounds of applications.

4. Thank you again. As ever, your advice is top class! As much sense as it makes to keep a journal,it wouldn't have occured to me but I will certainly have a go at that! Just to report aswell (and boost my ego further) they didnt appoint anyone else from my interview 'team' and have since held further interviews for the other post! Super flattering!! Thanks for everything - I am so excited!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.