1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finally here. Development matters

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by grumbleweed, Sep 4, 2020.

1. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I like that the CoEL are part of it, makes them clearly just as important.

I find the 'examples of how to support' a little waffly and they certainly give the impression people are setting up 'activities' for children to do, even from birth.

I'm pleased I'm in 3-4 age and not under 3, as I'd find it hard to work out whether a 2 year old was progressing well or not.

Other than that, it's fine.
    Hoping someone somewhere does the boring job of cutting and pasting all the 3-4 bits into one place to make it easier for nursery teachers, similarly reception.

What did you think?

3. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

friarsyear1 likes this.
  4. T34

T34 Lead commenter

5. grumbleweed

Hi there. I suggest you listen to one of the many interviews Julian Grenier has done about this.

There's is one on the foundation years website, it's very long but go to the last half hour where he talks specifically about assessment.
    Everyone is in the same boat, there should be materials coming out over the next few months. Are you working with early adopters?

6. T34

T34 Lead commenter

Thank you very much for the info, grumbleweed.
    I will follow your advice.
    To the best of my knowledge I am not involved with any early adopters.

7. grumbleweed

Well the good thing about that is that you've got all year to reflect, plan and work with your school s.
    Are you in an LA or linked into one in your area?

8. T34

T34 Lead commenter

No - free lance.