1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got SMART board!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by chris_elevate, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've never had aSMART board till now! Ones been fitted the first week of summer holiday - excited is NOT the word!!!
    Now I'm happily goiong to use it for demo and clicking icons etc but I have a few question about to do certain things.....
    1. Is there a quick/easy to simply use it to write on without using any of the SMART bundled software? i.e. a MS Product? Or is their software the best?
    2. Is there a way to just drag and drop words that have been written on the board? Again is the SMART software the best for this or could it be other software?
    3. Is it good to have a bit of drywipe board fitted or should I be able to live without it?
    4. Any suggestions or tips for using SMART boards/software to run on it?
    Thanks for any help can give

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Yes, any product, MS or otherwise, responds to the board as though it were an input device.
    Again any software that does drag and drop with a mouse will do drag and drop on the SMARTBoard.
    Personally I have, and use, both; they are complementary.
    Practice, Practice, practice. The SMART Notebook software is very good and once your lessons are created using it you can re-use and refine them. Also exports to PPT to let students have copies.
    HTH