1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got on a GTP soo excited !!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by badoo1982, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Geemarie it is a 6mnth programme instead of a year !!!!!

2. Hi

Congratulations!

Please can you tell me who you are doing this course with.

Thanks

3. Hi Debbie
    Sorry for delayed reply havent been on here for ages , its through BNETT with Bradford College !! Where are you based ?

4. the accelerated route is this what they term 'Assessment Only route to QTS??? Only I have 8 years expereince in secondary school as a TA and Cover Supervisor and my local trg provider is offering the Assessment Only route to get your QTS.It Starts in Jan 2012, and you apparently take as long as you like to pass it. BUT as I am ONLY a cover Supervisor and don't have a HTLA I cannot apply. Apart form the fact I have spent 6yrs getting a part-time BA(Hons) degree!!!!!!!! I would be very interested to know more about the accelerated route so I can ban gon my Uni door......

5. HI Marleene
    Yeah it is similar to the Assessment Only route , it is a GTP but only over 6 mnths. In order to apply to the course I applied for you had to be working as an unqialified teacher and already have a degree( i was working as unqualified teacher half the time and HLTA half the time when I applied ) . You have to complete a full teaching timetable ( I am doing 18 hours teaching ) and a 15 day placement in a second school . You have to provide a portfolio of evidenece which is assessed at the end of the programme . I have a link tutor with the college who will visit 3 times, once was yesterday and then once will be to observe me in my current school and the 3rd time is to observe me in my second school . Apart from that all observations are done in house ever other week .
    I am not sure what you need to get on but there is also the Teach First route into teaching I dont know much about it , but we have had alot of people on it at our school . I think it is mainly for english maths and science but I might be wrong ?
    Hope this helps [​IMG]