1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finally done it!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Nov 2, 2015.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I have persuaded my with to go to a Christmas market in Germany,Going to Berlin and looking forward to it.
    Only problem i didnt read the small print so I am in a Gay area of Berlin..still not a problem.the Bratwourst sausage might be for my figure!:(.
    Hope i fit in to Ryan airs seats lol.

2. oldsomeman

On the same theme i also have a new secondhand scooter which i shall look forward to putting on the road soon.

snowstorm, sparkleghirl and kibosh like this.
  3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Wrap up warm - Berlin is the coldest place I've ever been (in February) colder than Iceland. Have fun on the scooter as well.

4. oldsomeman

yea i was told to take thermals.but i have to think luggage allowance on plane lol
    now how can i persuade Mrs Oldy to not wear open toed shoes in the winter?

midnight_angel likes this.
  5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

You'll love it! But, yeah, check the forecast -t'was in minus figures when we went.

6. oldsomeman

not suprised if you walk around dressed like your image :p

7. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Only in summer!

midnight_angel likes this.
  8. oldsomeman

dam such a spoilsport ;)

9. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

I should think you will enjoy it there. I haven't been to Berlin, only Leipzig Christmas Market, amongst other things ( like moving my daughter's flat): they are a bit mad in Leipzig and hold fireworks in their hands, but my only other quibble with the Germans is they drive far too fast, and on the way out of the airport I nearly puked after the quick flight and then about the equivalent of 100mph on the motorway into the City. If you don't know the German for "slow down" learn it fast!

10. oldsomeman

Oh dear poor you FTTG
    Im flying and i assume il catch a train in to the city......I am so looking forward to it.problem will be which of the 60 markets to go and see lol

11. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

The ones with the best beer I should think?

12. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

13. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Well jell now! Have a lovely time. The best I can muster is the Christmas market in Winchester!

14. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Istanbul is the coldest place I ever went. Have a cracking time, oldsomeman. still looking for the sodding itinerary cos i think it must have been the other laptop that was nicked in the burglary.

15. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Are all the German Christmas markets in England? Do the Germans have English Christmas markets? Fair's fair.

ScotSEN likes this.
  16. monicabilongame

There are lovely Christmas markets in Covent Garden in London, and also along the south bank of the Thames - and yes, I think many if not all the stalls are 'German Christmas market' rather than English. I try and make a trip to London to get to the markets in December.

17. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Enjoy yourself, Olds. What sort of scooter have you got?

18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Nice one, take care.

19. oldsomeman

thought i might update this to say I am off to Berlin on Monday..ya!
    Das ist gut!
    However you will need to behave while I am away as ill miss all the chat unless they have free wifi at the hotel.Says they do but ill soon find out.
    Would you say Berlin is safe atnigt as i like to go out ad take night photography. also any idea what time the S-bahn ans U -Bahn trains finish please?

20. monicabilongame

Good one Olds. Have a great time