1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Final placement, Special school or top end of KS2?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by mlhourihane, May 30, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    My final placement is in OCT to Dec for 8 weeks and I am unsure which area I should request to be placed in.
    I ideally want to work in a special school when I qualify but understand that jobs in these schools are very rare and hard to come by. But during my training year I have not yet had experience of teaching in the top end of KS2. I have lots of expereince with SEN, and profound and multiple learning difficulties through my employment.
    I am worried that if I get my final block placement in a special school that mainstream school's will not consider my application as i have not had teaching eperience in year 6. Also I am worried that if i do my final placement in year 6, that special schools might not consider me as none of my training year has been in a special school, has anyone got any advice on which is best to do my placement?
    Also if you could tell me what schools are looking for, in NQT's with regards to my training year?
    Thanks

2. Hi all,
    My final placement is in OCT to Dec for 8 weeks and I am unsure which area I should request to be placed in.
    I ideally want to work in a special school when I qualify but understand that jobs in these schools are very rare and hard to come by. But during my training year I have not yet had experience of teaching in the top end of KS2. I have lots of expereince with SEN, and profound and multiple learning difficulties through my employment.
    I am worried that if I get my final block placement in a special school that mainstream school's will not consider my application as i have not had teaching eperience in year 6. Also I am worried that if i do my final placement in year 6, that special schools might not consider me as none of my training year has been in a special school, has anyone got any advice on which is best to do my placement?
    Also if you could tell me what schools are looking for, in NQT's with regards to my training year?
    Thanks