1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Final NQT assessment

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by wad18rhu, Jul 22, 2020.

1. wad18rhu

wad18rhu New commenter

I've just finished my NQT year and have had my third and final NQT assessment.

The final NQT assessment has been digitally signed by me and my mentor but still needs to be signed digitally by the deputy head. The assessment was due on 21/07/20.

What happens if the deputy head never signs this? It's very difficult for me to chase this up with them because of the Summer holidays having just started and the fact that I'm going to a new school in September.

Will this cause me not to pass my NQt year if this is never signed?

2. celago22

celago22 Established commenter

It needs to be signed off so that the recommendation can go through in order for you to get your induction certificate. Send your deputy head an enail explaining that the deadline was yesterday. Also send your appropriate body an email.
    When I completed my NQT year, my HT never signed it off, it was overridden by the Head of the mentors. It might be in your case that someone else can sign it off too. Let your mentor know aswell that the deputy hasn't signed it off.

3. wad18rhu

wad18rhu New commenter

Thank for your response. I've e-mailed the deputy head and someone from the appropriate body.