1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Film version- Jekyll and Hyde

Discussion in 'English' started by mrsfabmoretti, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hiya,
    Does anyone know of a film version which is fairly true to the events in the novel? So far, I've only found one where Jekyll cheats on his wife as Hyde, and another BBC version (think it was BBC) which is far too inappropriate for my year tens!

Thanks in advance

2. Hiya,
    Does anyone know of a film version which is fairly true to the events in the novel? So far, I've only found one where Jekyll cheats on his wife as Hyde, and another BBC version (think it was BBC) which is far too inappropriate for my year tens!

Thanks in advance

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

I couldn't find one when I taught thus a few years ago. None of the films I found used the plot let along kept to the narrative structure of the book. They just used the idea of the transformation to create a horror story. I did find a good documentary presented by Ian Rankin but the kids got bored with it half way through and some of the weaker students got confused - they wrote about influences as if they were part of the novel.