1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Film club

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by debhogan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hi

I have been given the responsibility/opportunity to take over running the film club at my junior school in the new year. I'm happy about this and love film but was wondering if anyone can provide an tips on what works well. As far as I can tell, the teacher that runs it at the moment just plays films but is there anything more creative I could be doing? Also, are there any good websites to visit?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Hi

I have been given the responsibility/opportunity to take over running the film club at my junior school in the new year. I'm happy about this and love film but was wondering if anyone can provide an tips on what works well. As far as I can tell, the teacher that runs it at the moment just plays films but is there anything more creative I could be doing? Also, are there any good websites to visit?

Many thanks in advance!

3. Have you been to the lovefilm website? They do a thing specially for schools.

Here's the link. http://www.filmclub.org/

4. Great, thanks. I'll take a look.