1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fiction book ideas for English - Europe (backpackers topic) KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Harribear, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Harribear

Harribear New commenter

Hi everyone, struggling to find a good book for this topic, which I'll be starting next week. I did think about European folk tales, but can't find anything suitable. Has anyone got any ideas? My class of Year 5s are generally very able and up for a challenge! Thanks for any help.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Actually I'd see this as a perfect opportunity to use Non-Fiction here e g travel brochures, online or actual brochures. Trip advisor for reviews etc. So often, N-F is overlooked as a source and boys in particular like the 'factual' element. I'd also get the children to make an example of 'Trump' cards with capital city , language, famous places etc to make a class game.

Yes when doing a particular country you could then mix in a 'traditional tale' from the appropriate country to ensure you do some Fiction.

3. tolkien

tolkien New commenter