1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fibroids

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Tattyted, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi, Ive recently been told that I have 3 large fibroids that are at least 7cm and a uterus that is apparently full of smaller ones. My gp has suggested that I will need a hysterectamy. I am just curious what others experiences are and how long your recovery was. I am an infant teacher and the ripe old age of 36yrs.
    Any words of advice or support welcome, just a bit overwhelmed at mo.
    Ta

2. Hi, Ive recently been told that I have 3 large fibroids that are at least 7cm and a uterus that is apparently full of smaller ones. My gp has suggested that I will need a hysterectamy. I am just curious what others experiences are and how long your recovery was. I am an infant teacher and the ripe old age of 36yrs.
    Any words of advice or support welcome, just a bit overwhelmed at mo.
    Ta

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Although I am considerably older than you (52) I had a very similar experience - multi-fibroid uterus with a v large one (which I called Fenella) and had a hysterectomy in June. I had my op in half term week and then had the whole of term 6 off to recover. By the time I went back to school in September, I was fully fit and feeling better than ever. My actual recovery time was around six weeks but I was glad not to have to get back to work straight away.
    I got great support from the hysterectomy forum http://www.hysterectomyassociation.org.uk/forums/
    and their facebook groups, although I know some people on here found they could be a bit too focused on the negative aspects.
    I am now feeling so much better than ever before. Hope everything goes well for you.

4. I had my hyst 2 years ago. I had several massive fibroids but I had a very skilled surgeon who removed them with keyhole surgery. Recovery was very quick by 4 weeks post op I was pretty much back to normal.

Defo join the hysterectomy association, outstanding support.

I feel fantastic no problems at all.
    Good luck.