1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fern

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Mar 27, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I have not seen the ad but I've seen her in a few interviews of late. I must say she sounded far nicer when she was bigger.

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Oh that advert makes me cringe....and doesn't Fern look old!

3. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

She does seem to have aged a lot in a short space of time- but then, she's very been very open about not wanting to have botox and she lost quite a bit of weight too.
    The mutton-dressed-as-lamb look is more ageing, in my opinion! How long do you reckon she'll last?

4. Well, whilst I envy her (middle aged) weight loss and new trim figure, (she looks good/healthy and her new hair-do suits her) she did seem terribly smug and unlikeable in the ad. And yes, the biker leather jacket was just so WRONG on a woman of her age. Rock chick she ain't.....

5. I suppose if a person has been very overweight for a long time, they want to wear the clothes they couldn't all those years. For that, I don't feel uncharitable towards her.

For the smug adverts though, I do.

6. I don`t have much respect for her now as she wasn`t honest about her gastric band and tried to put it down to her diet.
    I think she looks really haggard in the ads and no doubt she`ll have the ubiquitious botox or facelift soon.