1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Female teachers and inappropriate clothing!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Mar 5, 2009.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Well so far this week
    I have had a PGCE student showing her bra (due to low cut top) and matching knickers (low hip pants)

A interviewee on Monday where I could see her pink vest and white bra, due to her stopping buttoning her shirt at her breasts.

Is this a new standard I missed when I was a PGCE/NQT? classroom management via displaying flesh?

Normally I wouldn't mind, if a lass wished to flash, so be it. But tis bad enough being in school with 700+ hormonal male teens without the extra distractions. Let alone bringing in professionalism to the equations.

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Well so far this week
    I have had a PGCE student showing her bra (due to low cut top) and matching knickers (low hip pants)

A interviewee on Monday where I could see her pink vest and white bra, due to her stopping buttoning her shirt at her breasts.

Is this a new standard I missed when I was a PGCE/NQT? classroom management via displaying flesh?

Normally I wouldn't mind, if a lass wished to flash, so be it. But tis bad enough being in school with 700+ hormonal male teens without the extra distractions. Let alone bringing in professionalism to the equations.

3. Shocking, a clear failure of the 'you must match underwear colour' standard.

4. Skanks!

5. I've noticed this too and I'm a 31 year old female!
    Some of the "clothes" our staff wear are just....well shocking.

6. I have to admit that I "have" to do this. I'm a slim yet very large chested female - so I tend to buy shirts 2 sizes bigger than my waist, yet they still strain around the chest area. I end up wearing a vest under my shirts and then stop doing the buttons when I reach my chest. I would by shirts in an even bigger size, but then I look like I have borrowed my clothing from the lost property box!
    It is better than taking out a pupil's eye with a button if I breathed in!
    I do keep the underwear hidden though!
    Sty

7. Wearing a vest under a shirt is not the same thing as flashing your bra though.

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

LOL wonders how to word this!

well I would have noticed if she was larger up top....after all little was hidden!
    But she wasnt large, I've seen bigger breasts on a robin!

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I would "have" to do this so I don't wear shirts. I think a T-shirt style top looks better than a gaping shirt.
    The low slung trouser thing is such a habit now that perhaps retraining should be included in the PGCE. I couldn't teach a lesson if I thought I was flashing my pants - not to mention that putting the poor kids through that would be a child protection issue.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

you and that woman for carry on..barbra windsor ....im sure all the kids would love itthough
    personally i hate to see the top of thongs and deep clevages....well not hate...more i have to be a gentleman and divert my eyes lol

11. I don't wear shirts because the don't fit. Why faff around with a half unbuttoned shirt and a vest when a smart top looks much better.

12. andromache

andromache New commenter

lol (and hoping the person i'm about to talk about isn't reading this)
    after i left my last school and btw had moved more than 100 miles away, i got emails and phone calls for several months about the unsuitability of my successor, including details of the colour/style/manufacturer's label of her underwear. she wore thongs with low-cut trousers, and also low-cut tops which might have been ok if she hadn't bent down to pupil height when talking to them. the kids (boys up to age 13) were more traumatised than entertained.

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I have watched a class deliberately knock things on to the floor, ask daft questions etc in order to "make" the teacher bend down in front of them.

Don't believe they are all naive!

14. Never mind the teachers, it's the kids at our place! I have lost count of the number of leopard skin thongs I have seen, complete with buttock cleft. Also, why oh why wear turquiose/pink/lime green bras with a white school shirt??

15. Because it's a phase most teenage girls go through. When I was at school you had to wear a black bra under your white shirt.

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

try the lads in school with the waste band of their pants under their **** with some odd colour boxers on display

something like [​IMG]
    but worse!

esp those kids with skiddy tighty whities!

17. I was a teenage girl once and I never, ever wore coloured bras under white shirts or tops! Nor did any of my peers!

18. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I must admit that as a rare male in a mostly female staffroom I sometimes don't know where to look for the best!

19. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

when i taught in secondary the young ladies of year 11 used to <strike>bend </strike>stoop over my desk and sort of invite a peep down thier white blouses...............they did it deliberatly to see if they could get sir going as i was a newly married and they knew it.
    iof course avaerted my eyes..........to think they are now aged 46 plus...i wonder if they remember!

20. You clearly wasn't one of the 'cool' girls then [​IMG]