1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Female Pattern Baldness

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Welshlizzie, May 31, 2011.

1. My hair has been thinning for a while now and after visiting the dr, who couldn't have been less interested, I have now been to see a trichologist who says that it is androgen sensitivity and probably inherited. She has given me minoxidil to use twice a day. Does anyone have any experience of this? I don't tknow if I feel better or worse now - at least people can't tell me that I am imagining this loss but the thouht of it progresssively getting worse is worrying me too.
    I know that hair loss is the least of many people's problems and I should be greatful that I am, in all other ways, healthy and feel a bit guilty about giving it so much thought (and money).
    Any words of advice would be fab.
    Thanks

2. WHAT YOU NEED is a knackered thyroid gland! Then you get all your prescriptions for everything free! Ridiculous, innit!
    Like everything else, if it works, it's worth it. A year is a long time to wait to find out though.