1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

felling ill..and guilty..

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by J00lz, Feb 8, 2012.

1. The usual thing i'm guessing

I was v ill during the night of sunday this week-really hot and clammy, extreme pain in my joints of my arms, fingers, hands and then worryingly in my chest-going right across from shoulder to shoulder through to my back..this was in the early hours of monday morning...then the pains eased and it was just aching and hot clamminess.
    I rang in work on Monday morning and again on tuesday morning as I was spending most of the time either asleep or just crashed out on the sofa.
    I have a wonderful TA who has organised stuff for the class and is managing brilliantly I am sure-there isnt an issue of supply cover-and I am only PT. I had rung yesterday to say I was going to try and get in today but this morning I could not get dressed as again I was shattered and aching so much.

I ended up tearfully ringing in school at 7.30 and leaving a message to say I was sorry and wasn't going to be in again.

I am really hoping to be going in tomorrow as I hate feeling like I am letting people down...realistically I know I have done the right thing to be off-there have been almost a quarter of my class off with sickness so there's obviously something doing the rounds

Just wanted to get it off my chest really...

2. The usual thing i'm guessing

I was v ill during the night of sunday this week-really hot and clammy, extreme pain in my joints of my arms, fingers, hands and then worryingly in my chest-going right across from shoulder to shoulder through to my back..this was in the early hours of monday morning...then the pains eased and it was just aching and hot clamminess.
    I rang in work on Monday morning and again on tuesday morning as I was spending most of the time either asleep or just crashed out on the sofa.
    I have a wonderful TA who has organised stuff for the class and is managing brilliantly I am sure-there isnt an issue of supply cover-and I am only PT. I had rung yesterday to say I was going to try and get in today but this morning I could not get dressed as again I was shattered and aching so much.

I ended up tearfully ringing in school at 7.30 and leaving a message to say I was sorry and wasn't going to be in again.

I am really hoping to be going in tomorrow as I hate feeling like I am letting people down...realistically I know I have done the right thing to be off-there have been almost a quarter of my class off with sickness so there's obviously something doing the rounds

Just wanted to get it off my chest really...

3. You're ill, stay in bed, get better and don't return until you are!
    Oh and don't feel guilty [​IMG]