1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling undervalued

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by mrajlong, Sep 23, 2017.

1. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

2. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

What! 3 reviews of 5 stars with no comments posted by the same person. Something fishy here.

LivelyLearning and mathsmutt like this.
  3. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

By the same THREE different people on each resource! Definitely fishy and should be flagged to the @TES Resource Team who should investigate further to see if the same pattern is repeated in other resources by this team...

4. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

This 'coincidence' should be investigated!

5. mrajlong

If any thing the over promotion has got worse. There's now two of Tes's new friends on my homepage. The fact that Tes have done nothing to remedy this, I find contemptible. If there is a problem, it was flagged 10 days ago and should have been fixed by now. How is this demonstrating any loyalty or respect to your existing authors?

6. mrajlong

It's back again. Hoorah! Set off the fireworks and play the ****** fanfare!
    upload_2017-10-3_15-20-44.png

The hilarious thing is most people moved on from place value weeks ago...

WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN SORTED YET?

We don't need a new look overview, we need a fairer promotion system. Make this a priority @TES Resource Team. Please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please,please, please,please,please,please,please, please, please,please,please,please,please,please,please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please,please,please, please,please, please, please, please, please..etc

mathsmutt, Alice K, Krazikas and 3 others like this.
  7. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

Finally the recommended shops have changed only took three weeks

LanguageArtsLab likes this.
  8. mrajlong

Got a general email today from Tes. Guess who's promoted twice in the email? Are Tes listening? I think not. Then again I'm not surprised they're best sellers...(sigh). At least my science assessments made it on to one of their blogs, so thanks where it is due...

mathsmutt likes this.
  9. thinky

10. thinky

Week 1 resource being promoted in week, erm...

Well at least they've removed the end of summer term quizzes!

11. teachercellar

No they haven't I saw one today

12. thinky

Doh :D

13. mrajlong

And again today...
    upload_2017-10-5_7-46-16.png
    @TES Resource Team. You assured us this was a problem at your end with certain resources becoming fixed. Why has it not been corrected yet? It was flagged in the Facebook group on the 21st of September. Also, week 1 was...well...in week 1 some 4ish weeks ago. When will these new authors produce some addition or subtraction etc that you can over-promote?

mathsmutt likes this.
  14. thinky

That'll teach me!

tesw1.png

15. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

upload_2017-10-5_9-20-20.png
    Once again,TES! What does it take to ensure a fair and equal rotation of resources on the Top Picks? You would think that our curriculum solely consists of the mastery of place value!
    Don't even get me started on the 'back to school' icebreakers that appear regularly!
    In Scotland, we have been back at school since the middle of August and the rest of the UK for at least 4 weeks.
    Surely with an overcrowded curriculum, most teachers would have little use for ice breakers at this stage of the game. I know that my colleagues and I are like whirling dervishes trying to get through a packed curriculum. Ice breakers,the ice is well and truly broken!
    Seriously, we need to know why these resources are constantly highlighted above all others. Some genuine answers to our concerns from the staff who are responsible for this. It is totally unfair to all authors!

Krazikas, mathsmutt, mrajlong and 2 others like this.
  16. teachercellar

Surely teachers are finished with place value by now Autumn, Hallowe'en, Guy Fawkes etc is what I am looking for.

Alice K likes this.
  17. mrajlong

Ice broken...now drowning! :)

A1EnglishResources likes this.
  18. StartEducation

StartEducation New commenter

Ultimately this is all about Tes making as much money as possible. I am sure that their targets will be completely focussed on increasing traffic, increasing the number of sellers and buyers and incresing revenue. Little touches like smiley faces at the end of emails from them are not just by chance, it's a policy to make us feel appreciated. The "how did we do?" Questionnaire that pops into inboxes after we have queried something is of course to check the mood of authors. The big news I suppose is that they don't care about us! We are simply a commodity. The positive of all this is that we don't need to care about them either. We are not obliged to show any loyalty and we can use their system to benefit ourselves. The only annoyance I ever feel is when there is this false veneer that they do actually care. One final thing ..... I firmly believe that some authors work very hard behind the scenes to get their resources in the limelight .... direct communication with tes etc ..... and good luck to them.

19. mrajlong

IF this is indeed the case, then this avenue needs to be open to all and transparent. Not some clandestine transaction done behind the scenes and then denied...

Alice K and Krazikas like this.
  20. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

It was the policy of TES, some time ago, to discourage authors approaching TES staff directly regarding the promotion of their own resources..... Has this changed then?

Alice K and mrajlong like this.