1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

feeling sad

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by japonicabean, Jan 3, 2012.

1. After being really ill last year, ICU was a second home for a while, trying hard to remain at work in the periods between serious asthma attacks, but with very little support and being unhappy at the school I was working at even working part time was too hard for me...so I resigned in October and left at christmas. Today is the first day back to school in my area and I feel unbeliveably sad. I know I had to leave but I love teaching I was so poorly it became impossible to sustain a job realistically. I am thankfully recovering now...[​IMG] and hoefully there will be no reoccurence of the illness. Because I feel so much better it just has made me sad that I am no longer teaching. Wondering how the new teacher is going with my old class and also wondering what the future will be... I would eventually like to return to some sort of teaching but want to make sure I am really fir and well before I do.
    I just wanted to express how I felt today

2. After being really ill last year, ICU was a second home for a while, trying hard to remain at work in the periods between serious asthma attacks, but with very little support and being unhappy at the school I was working at even working part time was too hard for me...so I resigned in October and left at christmas. Today is the first day back to school in my area and I feel unbeliveably sad. I know I had to leave but I love teaching I was so poorly it became impossible to sustain a job realistically. I am thankfully recovering now...[​IMG] and hoefully there will be no reoccurence of the illness. Because I feel so much better it just has made me sad that I am no longer teaching. Wondering how the new teacher is going with my old class and also wondering what the future will be... I would eventually like to return to some sort of teaching but want to make sure I am really fir and well before I do.
    I just wanted to express how I felt today

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I know how you feel. I left at Christmas too and today I am a bit miserable thinking about what 'my' class are doing. The future can be a scary thing when it is uncertain. Good luck.

4. Would it be worth you contacting your old school and letting them know you are much better, whilst then offering to do some supply for them?

5. Thank you for your kind replies..nice to know not the only one feeling that way
    I was not that happy at last school...so don't think I would be all that comfortable doing that...but am liking the idea of supply...if there is any about. Just going to take my time I think. At the moment am being entertained by a 9 week old labrador puppy...luckily he is sleeping for a few minutes or I think my laptop may have been eaten.

6. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

How completely adorable!
    I understand how you feel and I am really sorry you've been poorly. Take your time getting well, enjoying that gorgeous dog and apply for teaching jobs when you feel ready. You sound like a lovely person x

7. not sure puppy would agree at the moment...had first set of jabs at the vets...although he did sleep through most of it...he is a laid back little chap...actually not so little his paws are masive.

Thanks again for your reply, I am going to take time there is no hurry. Have voluntered to help in local school and they seemed thrilled to have someone to listen to readers...so will do that for a couple of hours a week. All in all feeling a bit more positive today