1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling really awful....

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by karizma1485, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hi there,

It isn't pathetic at all. I felt like that today aswell. I agree with the above poster that it is important to let go and think 'sod it'. I am having trouble with doing that at the moment but I know its something I need to do to get me through. I suppose my biggest fear is that if i think 'sod it' then I just really will not care which could end up getting me into more trouble. The truth is that I am so tired and just cannot be bothered to impress anyone and I finding that just trying to smile and act like I really am enjoying the whole process is just draining enough. I too am dreading the thought of applying I just cannot see the wood from the trees at the moment.

It's good to vent out how you feel I just did earlier on today and it for me can be especially helpful when i know there is someone going through what I am going through. I thinking if I fail and teaching is not for me then so be it, I did my best and if that's not good enough - then so be it.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to send me a message. x

2. I know it's hard to do it and I understand why it feels like that. But the thing is, can you really go on like you are doing? It doesn't necessarily mean you won't 'care', but more, that you'll relax a bit more and you will actually feel so much happier and you will do much BETTER when you're happier.

Your last point is very very true 'if I fail and teaching is not for me then so be it, I did my best and if that's not good enough - then so be it.' You can only try your best.