1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

feeling rather fed up and jjust need to rant!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by FollyFairy, May 4, 2011.

1. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Dear Theo
    I took the advice given - and landed myself an interview!! Really pleased as job is local, my subject area, in very good school etc. etc.. then spent 3 plus hours planning lesson... only to receive a phone call today to tell me that the post is actualy only until Christmas... I am gutted! I have told them that I will come to the interview anyway... they don't want me to teach anymore either...
    I pretty fed up to be honest as in temporary contract at the moment and wanted something permanent - will it look bad on applications with two temporary jobs??

2. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Dear Theo
    I took the advice given - and landed myself an interview!! Really pleased as job is local, my subject area, in very good school etc. etc.. then spent 3 plus hours planning lesson... only to receive a phone call today to tell me that the post is actualy only until Christmas... I am gutted! I have told them that I will come to the interview anyway... they don't want me to teach anymore either...
    I pretty fed up to be honest as in temporary contract at the moment and wanted something permanent - will it look bad on applications with two temporary jobs??

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I suspect that's one of my problems, but hoping Heads realise how difficult it is these days.