1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling more positive :)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by modgepodge, May 23, 2012.

1. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Some of you may remember my very depressed post on Monday when I received 3 rejection emails in one day. Well, what a difference 2 days makes!!

Got a call at 3.40 yesterday afternoon offering me a teaching task for today, I hadn't originally been short listed but ppl had dropped out. Said id go along, did the teaching part today and have been short listed for interview tomorrow!! Couldn't be more happy! I think there's 2 jobs at the school too so finger crossed.....

Not taking anything for granted but just wanted to share some good news for once!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Ooh, it's probably too late for you to see this tonight - but just in case ...

[​IMG]

3. modgepodge

Interview isn't til 1,35 today and my school have given me the who,e day off (I have ppa first and it's far away so I'd only be teaching an hour or so before I'd have to go) so I saw it, thanks! Just trying to decide what to wear now....I've out on a bit of weight this year so all my normal interview clothes are too small and I would have gone shopping but there just wasn't time!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A good calm morning before you go off - that's very good.
    Don't wear anything that feels uncomfortable.
    We are all rooting for you!
    Best wishes

5. modgepodge

Thanks theo. I'm thinking red knee length skirt that I wear regularly for teaching and have had lots of compliments on (it does look smart) with a 'safe' shirt. Little nervous about wearing something bright but I don't have much choice as most of my clothes are too small or old ( and look it). Was at the school yesterday and the deputy was wearing a floaty brightly coloured dress, teachers dressed fairly casually, and it's an infant school so don't think it's a 'suit' kind of place. Guess I'm just looking for some reassurance really??

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, your --- doesn't look big in that skirt.
    [​IMG]
    But it sounds professional, and that's what you need for an interview.
    Best wishes

7. modgepodge

Thank you!

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Confidence colour - go for it! [​IMG]

9. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Good luck Modgepodge [​IMG]!