1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling low

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mrs Rochester, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Sarah
    So many of us are, indeed, in the same boat. How you choose not to let it grind you down is going to be a tough one since I have been existing in powdered form since my first rejection of the year in September. Times are hard - keep that in mind when it seems the universe is ganging up on you. I would suggest using the time to revisit your subject and reading around classroom management skills just to keep your hand in. Paul Ginnis' book 'The Pupil Toolkit' is superb for raising enthusiasm when you feel on the floor. Whatever you do, don't take any rejection personally - I know that sounds fatuous but once you start thinking it's you, you're lost. Oh - and just to prepare you, there's not a lot of supply around at the moment - again, if your phone isn't ringing off the hook it's because school budgets have been mercilessly slashed for the last two years....
    Chin up, pet. Things will improve. x