1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling low; cannot get job.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lozcat, May 10, 2011.

1. Have had 4 interviews now. Spose should be grateful. Have another interview in morning. Cannot get job. Know applications are good. Interviews seem ok. Must be my lessons rubbish. Am rated outstanding teacher. Oh I dunno. Just need to offload. Must get job as if I don't, will never get back into teaching. Oh well. What will be will be. Anybody got any words of comfort? Any advice?

2. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Hi, I know how you're feeling. I had 9 interviews before I got a jobshare last June on a maternity contract as an NQT. I've now moved 2 hours drive away due to husband's job and have started it all over again! I've been invited to interview for a jobshare on a one year contract and I'm panicking now about what to teach a Y3/4 class for 45 mins (I can choose subject!)
    Let me know how your interview goes today. Fingers crossed for us both x

3. Are you a qualified teacher?

Last year, I didn't get any interviews until my last week of TP, had around 4 and did not get any. The last one my friend was also supposed to attend, but she got a job the day before, it was just me and this other person. As soon as I got there, I knew she was internal, so I kind of relaxed and just enjoyed the experience, not expecting much. The HT was so impressed with me though, she made a vacancy just for me! Although this was only for one term, so I have completed one term and have been doing supply. Great at first, but now is dwindling off and having to visit schools, does not do much for supply!
    I had one interview at christmas and have not had any more since. I have sent more applications than I care to count and still no joy! My application/CV/personal statement are good, maybe it is my covering letter?

So I am feeling just as bad as you. Least you are getting interviews, welldone and good luck! It will come.

Kel x

4. Just to wish you luck for tomorrow. When something is going to happen it will. Think positive. Think the jobs that never got that they don't know what they are missing. I am looking as well but unfortunately nothing is coming up in the area I want. So you are going in the right direction. Good Luck hope to see on the net that you have suceeded. RM

5. Dear people, thankyou so much for your kind words! They really pepped me up. I got offered two jobs: one from Friday and the one from today! Feel validated now. The other interviews were all for classroom teacher and went to students, but these two were for second in dept. I am keeping both schools waiting until tomorrow afternoon and revisiting one so I can make the right decision for me and the school. I know which one I want more so I'll get that one but I won't be celebrating until I sign the contract.

Thanks again guys,

Lozcat x x x best of luck with your own searches.