1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling iffy and singing in a gig tomorrow - help!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Frances1985, May 3, 2012.

1. Hi all, I would normally post such questions on H&W but I know this forum gets a bit more traffic. I am singing in a gig tomorrow night and today I have been sneezing all day, I'm headache-y and my throat has felt a bit scratchy. Have just had a look at it and can see some rather ominous looking red blotches at the back. I had sinusitis just over a month ago so can't quite believe I could be getting something AGAIN!! Thankfully I'm not hoarse *touches wood* but could really do with not waking up with a stuffy nose tomorrow as the singing will sound awful! Am currently on the Lemsip - any quick fixes?!

2. Hi all, I would normally post such questions on H&W but I know this forum gets a bit more traffic. I am singing in a gig tomorrow night and today I have been sneezing all day, I'm headache-y and my throat has felt a bit scratchy. Have just had a look at it and can see some rather ominous looking red blotches at the back. I had sinusitis just over a month ago so can't quite believe I could be getting something AGAIN!! Thankfully I'm not hoarse *touches wood* but could really do with not waking up with a stuffy nose tomorrow as the singing will sound awful! Am currently on the Lemsip - any quick fixes?!

3. Just think Robert Plant.....he made millions..sorry Robert :¬))
    Do some bluesy Etta James material.

4. Sounds to me like the rapeseed fields are getting to you. I suggest a double-sniff of Beconase!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Fisherman's Friend lozenges?

6. Where's the event taking place?
    I've found this forum to be a great place to promote my gigs...

7. Dose up on echinecea, orange juice, beconase and piriton and hope for the best! Good luck!

8. Thanks all! Gig is in Reading. Last rehearsal is tonight (9-11), love the rehearsals as they are great fun but tonight I just want to crawl into bed! Now, where did I put that echinacea?

9. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Gargle with some diluted TCP and then drink hot honey & lemon with a splash of whiskey.

10. Add lots of raw garlic and mega doses of vitamin C. Good luck!

11. Drink some thyme tea.
    And stop speaking.

12. Update - I am not feeling great (shivery, sore throat, slightly stuffy nose, can't stop sneezing) but will dose myself up for tonight and just do my best! Not going to the pub afterwards so I can come home and go to bed! Typical timing but oh well, I'm sure the gig will cheer me up :)

Thanks for all your tips! x

13. Annadin Extra every four hours! Orange juice, thyme etc etc won't give a quick fix, you need something to get you through the gig and then you can flop in bed and recover properly.