1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling guilty

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Berri, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Hi. Lovely surprise to find out expecting baby number 2, due in March, as quite unexpected. However...

...feeling really guilty as start at new school in September and feel like I'm letting everyone at the school down but mainly the year 11s, 12s and 13s that I take on as I'll have to go on maternity leave at feb half term. Dreading telling my new head of dept and dreading reaction from the exam classes. Know this probably sounds silly but can't help feeling this way. Anyone else in similar situation?

Thanks.

2. Berri - I am in exactly the same position with my number 2! And feeling exactly the same about GCSE/AS/A students. I have had some great advice and support on here, but am still dreading telling school. I am just hoping to prove my worth in the first term and hope for the best! Trying not to think about it to be honest. Been incredibly nauseous this time and done so little preparation - really panicking now! I am due 01 April!! But will be having a C section at 38 weeks due to Type 1 diabetes - so will work til Friday 15 and have C section on Mon 18! (All to be confirmed! But that is my plan!! LOL!!)
    Know exactly how guilty you are feeling xx

3. Berri - I am in exactly the same position with my number 2! And feeling exactly the same about GCSE/AS/A students. I have had some great advice and support on here, but am still dreading telling school. I am just hoping to prove my worth in the first term and hope for the best! Trying not to think about it to be honest. Been incredibly nauseous this time and done so little preparation - really panicking now! I am due 01 April!! But will be having a C section at 38 weeks due to Type 1 diabetes - so will work til Friday 15 and have C section on Mon 18! (All to be confirmed! But that is my plan!! LOL!!)
    Know exactly how guilty you are feeling xx
    BTW - MIne very unexpected too!