1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

feeling down

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Minty_dinosaur, May 15, 2011.

1. Hello Penguinblue,

Trust me when I say that you are not alone on this. I had two placements at the same school, and now (on my final placement at a new one), I feel like I'm pedalling backwards as there is a lot that I didn't know/didn't get the chance to experience. Unlike the rest of my friends, I was placed on my own at my first two schools, and so didn't realise the gaps in my knowledge until fairly recently. I also spent my first placement having to work with supply as my teacher tutor wasn't there, so I got rather pushed in at the deep end.
    The best advice I can give is to talk to someone, either on your course, or your tutor, and ask for advice about what you think you have missed. If you're still on placement, then it's understandable if you are snowed under with work, but asking people where you can access information is the best policy.
    Also, if you have gaps in your knowledge, it's not your fault, and if it comes up at an obaervation, they should acknowledge your previous experiences.
    Hope you feel better,

Minty