1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling displaced

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, May 4, 2012.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I feel displaced.
    1 I emailed the allotment link man today to suggest that he harvest the purple sprouting broccoli etc that I planted last year on one of my allotments ( been thrown off cos not in the right post code area) and he replied thanks but great, my best friend has got one of your allotments and is about to plant seeds (only cos I dug and dug to tame it eh?) So I am grieving for my tamed allotments in the wilderness of the place.
    2 While I have been mega poorly another teacher has been drafted into my post - and another body has taken it upon themselves to change (trash) the setting and generally doover around in my territory. With criticism. Meeting today to deal with "problems". Aformentioned teacher does not gel in own setting ! Feeling a bit threatened here.
    3 Poorly probably because of losing allotment and also manning the setting to cover for staff shortage etc
    Feeling displaced. Sad because my co workers fell apart in my absence but also echoes of previous displacement in previous post.
    Thanks for reading.

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I feel displaced.
    1 I emailed the allotment link man today to suggest that he harvest the purple sprouting broccoli etc that I planted last year on one of my allotments ( been thrown off cos not in the right post code area) and he replied thanks but great, my best friend has got one of your allotments and is about to plant seeds (only cos I dug and dug to tame it eh?) So I am grieving for my tamed allotments in the wilderness of the place.
    2 While I have been mega poorly another teacher has been drafted into my post - and another body has taken it upon themselves to change (trash) the setting and generally doover around in my territory. With criticism. Meeting today to deal with "problems". Aformentioned teacher does not gel in own setting ! Feeling a bit threatened here.
    3 Poorly probably because of losing allotment and also manning the setting to cover for staff shortage etc
    Feeling displaced. Sad because my co workers fell apart in my absence but also echoes of previous displacement in previous post.
    Thanks for reading.

3. andromache

andromache New commenter

(((( nelly )))) it's so horrible when good work you have done is undone, and not even noticed :( are you still off school or getting back into work now or soon?

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

thanks for the sympathy - just needed to moan in cyber space and not moan at family
    I am back at work and don't particularly mind people moving things round - it is territory marking I guess and par for the course really
    I just know the other teacher likes it at our place - but so do I!

5. how horrid about the allotments - wil you be able to get another one to go with your postcode - and what sort of strange person disregards purple sprouting broccolli laid on gratis?
    hope school settles down soon

6. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

How could anyone treat your purple sprouting broccoli with such contempt? BTW Broccoli is the bain of my life as I can never remember how to spell it. I see that other posters have the same problem![​IMG]
    I can't bear when anyone moves my stuff so I'm with you on that one. No wonder you're feeling displaced.
    It's great that you are feeling better and hopefully you'll feel "placed" again soon. I nearly put "replaced" but realised that that was not the word I was looking for. [​IMG]