1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling a bit wounded

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by meerkat2010amy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hello All,

Just after a bit of advice/ virtual hug around the shoulder.

I've been for my fourth interview today, and for the fourth successive time I have failed to even get past the first cut. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am expecting to get some feedback later today, but I am finding that feedback is very inconsistent, and what works for one school will not necessarily work for another. It's becoming rather demoralising......

Anyone else out there having similar experiences?

x

2. Hello All,

Just after a bit of advice/ virtual hug around the shoulder.

I've been for my fourth interview today, and for the fourth successive time I have failed to even get past the first cut. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am expecting to get some feedback later today, but I am finding that feedback is very inconsistent, and what works for one school will not necessarily work for another. It's becoming rather demoralising......

Anyone else out there having similar experiences?

x

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Righ firstly
    [​IMG].
    You HAVE done well to get those interviews, but well I know the disappointment of not getting the job- failed 2 last Oct/Nov. (I've also had unsuccessful interviews over the past 5-6 years(with just the one successful but temporay). Generally before that I wasn't even getting interviews!
    Feedback-just take with a huge pinch of salt generally. Sometimes they say something useful, but more often than not it's just 'something to say' for why they didn't choose you, which is fairly general and plausible.
    It just IS really tough out there at present and one has to keep trying and picking oneself up each time. (I usually find I'm OK initially, then after a couple of days get quite depressed for a few days. By the time the next possible job appears I'm over it and so the process begins all over again.)
    If you pop along shortly to our Flowers . . . thread there should (shortly) be a delivery especially for you.