1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling a bit... down.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Mar 15, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I don't know why. Just feel like i'm not doing a very good job at the moment. Behaviour has been up and down and I just feel like my lessons have been quite disorganised and a bit poo to be honest. Anyone got any pick me ups or anything I could do with my class to give them a boost? I feel like they're flagging and I am too.... :(

2. I bet you are doing a good job, but I know what you mean - sometimes things do get you down.
    I've just made some crepe paper daffodil pictures with my class. They are bright and sunny and have really livened the place up. Anyone can make them and the results are fab. I am sure that such a lovely arty display will make you feel much brighter and happier. Perhaps you might want to give it a try.

3. Don't despair - I think most of us feel like this sometimes and it's easy to get stuck in a rut. Try to plan some things you'll really enjoy doing with the children and seeing their enjoyment - don't get too hung up on learning intentions and exhausting yourself with planning/marking. Making something or sharing a story you love might be a good starting point. Good luck [​IMG]

4. Ah the joys of Spring 2.
    Half way through the year, lots of pressure for progress etc. Everyone exhausted and the weather is still dark and miserable.
    I just keep telling myself that after Easter it will be lovely and sunny and all the fun begins [​IMG]

5. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Just to say you're not the only one. I was observed teaching yesterday and while I had good feedback, I did manage to launch full on into a big moaning session at the Head and spent most of the rest of the day feeling like I was about to cry for no real reason! Got home and gave myself a big kick up the bum and decided I need to be kinder to myself as I am by far my harshest critic but still felt a bit wobbly all day. Hope things feel better soo.

6. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

*soon* !!

7. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Not really any advice, Lillipad, but just to say I feel the same. I've felt like a very rubbish teacher lately, and think I'll ask SLT if I can have another observation. Somehow, scary as they were, having observations lots helped me to focus! I feel like I've lost my way a little.
    Is every year like this?! It seems to be so, judging by what PFF said!
    Roll on sunny days and a 4-week, 3-day half-term!

8. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Hi all,

Good to know i'm not the only one feeling like this. I just feel like my lessons are poorly planned and so my teaching is very scatty and all over the place and i've been doing new concepts with the class and am having trouble with differentiation and things. Maybe i'll feel better in the summer... :S

9. Oooh. How do you do this? Could year 1 do it?

10. know how you fee!!!!!. have sent you a message

11. Yes, every year is like this! Some worse than others. As soon as the weather starts to turn and the suns out more you know you are back on the uphill climb ready for the happy summer term [​IMG]