1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeling a bit down in the mouth about it all!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lillipad, Jan 31, 2012.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Work is getting to me at the moment. I've had absolutely horrible parents to deal with the last few weeks & the kids have been sniping at each other constantly and all the hard work I put into their behavior seems to have gone and I still have the same expectations of them but yet they aren't meeting them... and they don't really seem to put much effort into their work at the moment, preferring to have a chat and muck about instead... One of them even just sits there and does nothing on occasion. I just feel like i'm losing my enjoyment of the job at the moment, i'm tired and have just had enough... Help :(

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

There was a sausage and an egg in a frying pan. the sausage turned to the egg and said, 'coo! It's hot in here, isn't it?' '*** me, a talking sausage!' said the egg.
    Helps?
    Never mind. We all ahve a rough day/week. It'll soon be the holidays, when you can have a good sleep, a break from the little so-and-sos, recharge your batteries, and feel a bit better. Hang on in there.

3. zannar

zannar New commenter

I could have written this! A really ****** half term.[​IMG]

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

It has been horrible. Feel like everything I've done has been called into question and I know I've gone out of my way to do everything I possibly could to support the children in my class... It just all seems terribly **** when all I want to do is teach and enjoy teaching and be with my class who are usually so lovely and well behaved... I don't know what's happened to them this week, many of them have just been vile and I've felt so down and ***** about it all! Part of me is even wondering if I want to teach any more as it hasn't given me much pleasure this term... :(

5. I also cod havd written your original post!
    I'm hoping it's because a generally depressing
    month-cold and dark! Hoping things will be better
    and brighter after half term!
    Don't forget that although the child may be sat there
    doing nothing, he is probably (hopefully) taking it all in!
    That's what I tell myself anyway!
    When it comes to behaviour, I think the children
    are exhausted!!
    Chin up!