1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feelin the Bern

Discussion in 'Personal' started by vinnie24, Sep 5, 2018.

1. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Now why do I think that canvassing for the mid-term elections must be under way. ;)

3. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

What do you think of Bernies idea?

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I think it will go down well with voters, who will not blame Sanders when the bill is defeated.

vinnie24 likes this.
  5. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

Indeed Bezo is worth $167 billion yet taxpayers money is being used to, in effect, pay his workers. A situation that neither those on the left or right will appreciate. A master play by Bernie.

Hopefully Corbyn will adopt this policy or something like it.

6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Bernie's only a millionaire so of course he's jealous.

7. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Many people in the UK (on the Left and the Right) have a problem with tax credits. Thoughts?

8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Tax credits simply provide incentives to companies to pay starvation wages, and expect the state to step in and subsidise their workers. A much higher minimum wage is needed.

emerald52 likes this.
  9. vinnie24

vinnie24 Lead commenter

What about his idea? I reckon your mate Tucker Carlson will be on board.

Tucker, of course, is not appalled that people are paid so poorly just that tax payers have to foot the bill.

Whichever way you look at it, something should be done.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'll have to give it some thought.

But it seems it'll discourage employers from taking on staff on welfare. Or it'll [more likely] increase automation of those jobs.

I'm all for making corporations pay their fair share but... the unforeseen consequences...