1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feel like starting all over again

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dipsue, Apr 24, 2011.

1. No never have. Have felt like it though but had responsibilities to stop me.
    Have you ties that prevent you ? If not do it.
    If that's how you feel why wouldn't you?

2. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Me, several times.
    I don't know as I'd recommend it or not, though. Bother is that no matter where I go, I've been stuck with me whatever.

3. Perhaps that's the issue. Responsibilities I have none except my flat which I'd have to sell and then find a new job.

4. I've done it...
    Left my husband in the June and by the end of October (all a few years ago) was on a plane to a new life in the UK - had never been before either...
    Nearly three years later I've a permanent job, a house, new partner and new friends... still stay in touch with friends and family back home but I have no regrets for what I have done.

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Yes. Left job, moved house, had baby, OH started new job.... took a while to get used to the new state of play, but it's good. Now we've been here longer than we lived anywhere else.

6. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic and I do have a tendancy to want to run away from issues. I just feel like starting again may help. It probably won't though.

7. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Yes, often. However there are no jobs.
    More settled now though that I'm involved with a musical group and local Brownies unit

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I sometimes wish i could start a new life......including a new body and new brian...unfortunately i cant!
    However,if yu feel the need you must follow what you deem best for you.......which is not always easy...and requires a lot of courage.
    \\i say go for it..i left home in liverpool much to my mothers and friends dismay some 33 years ago...and survived. So go for it.

9. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I moved from Liverpool to Sheffield last year for work. Had never been here before I got the interview for my job. It's hard making friends, I like the people I work with but there are only a couple my age, everyone else is older with children and I'm only (very nearly) mid 20s.

Oldsomeman, my family were annoyed at me leaving Liverpool. As much as I love it I do acknowledge it's not the only place on earth unlike them. None of us even left for uni or anything so me moving was a massive shock. I wonder if it's only Liverpool families who feel like this?

10. I would move to Suffolk, where I have family. Although the only 'friends' I know are my family's friends.

I just keep getting hints that my friends and bf think certain ways about me and I can't be ***** anymore. I suppose I am just moving away from myself though, really.

11. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

The *** keep finding me again though

12. Of course you can't have a new Brian - your wife would object and how would he respond to Bethannie in her basque? Really, Oldie, your spelling ... You need taking in hand - but perhaps that it your cunning plan!!

13. Yes

Twice alone; once with a baby; and once with a husband, a son, and 7/9 of a baby

14. Seriously, I would have been too scared too. I put it down to moving every few years as a Service family - six secondary schools etc. When I had my own kids, I determined to stay put. However, in your position, I would have counselled my young self to go for it. I have always regretted not going back to Singapore to teach in the International School because I didn't want to lose my man (who left me anyway with two young children) I'd say: take the gamble and do it! Lots of luck and Happy Easter to you!

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i should be so lucky to have a hand on it lol
    i blame the lack of a spell checker on here for my awful spelling[​IMG]

16. elisa1

elisa1 New commenter

I have.....but not new friends from my home town....best thing I ever did!!!!