1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FEEL LIKE QUITTING

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by coco44, Jul 4, 2009.

1. You are keeping a diary? Have you phoned the union? See if the union have some useful lines for dealing with people when they make inappropriate and personal comments?

You are doing what you should be and trying to leave.

I can't say more than I think that I understand, and just keep trying to stand up to these people.

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Be very careful about what youbpost on here, anyone at your school might read this and recognise you.
    I would log everything, wait and see what happens when the head tries to deal with it and if you are not happy with the outcome inform the head and take it from there.

3. coco44

coco44 New commenter

thanks curly girly, they have been deleted :)

4. I read them - good luck with everything. Just make sure that you have a resolution in mind - sounds like you can work with most of the staff OK. You are the deputy and you can work on any project you want, and you can expect the support of the AST to follow and SUPPORT you where you lead. Disagreements are allowed, but they need to be behind closed doors. - How can/do management meetings help the communication so that you can be honest with each other about the projects you have and how these projects compliment each other?

5. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Hi everyone

I have an interview on Thursday! I will keep you updated! Thanks for your ongoing support!

Coco :)

6. Hi Coco,
    What a terrible HT. Are you in an independent school?

7. Good luck in your interview. I'll cross everything for you!

8. coco44

coco44 New commenter

To everyone that has supported me over the last year

I just wanted you all to know...

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Congratulations! I hope that the new place is better - can't be much worse.

10. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Well done, coco! Really pleased for you.

11. Many congratulations Coco, all the very best in your new post.

12. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Thank you! I'm feeling very relieved!

13. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Hi everyone

Well am feelin great about startin my new job in September...just a quick question tho

Have done some work over the summer, and one of the things I did was to devise some asessment grids which I emailed to my head.
    He said "These look great, work one up and we will look over it in SLT"
    What does it mean to "work one up"? Sorry...never heard this phrase used in this context before!

14. Ignore the exact phrasing and just prepare something to show at SMT that will demonstrate how your grids will work. I interpret it as meaning that he expects you not just to show it, but also explain how it will work in practice?

15. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Great Sideshow, many thanks...thats kinda what I thought but just wanted to be sure :)

16. From my experience of life, whatever decision you made is the right one because we all heve a destiny. It will be the best thing you could have done you just cannot see it yet!!!! Well done - it takes guts! Good luck

17. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Dear All

I found this old thread and felt quite emotional reading it...it certainly brought a lot of old emotions back. The last few years I have taken on other leadership roles, and they haven't always been easy, but I have just started my second year of headship and all the trials tribulations and stress have been worth it. Guess I just wanted to say thank you again to you all for being there in my hour of need! Most importantly I have learnt to be a good leader, and never put anyone through what I went through.

Coco x

18. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's great, Coco - people will be delighted for you!

You have really turned things around, both personally and career-wise.

[​IMG]

19. coco44

coco44 New commenter

Thank you Theogriff! Just got to get over the fact I just found a blue box on my raise! oh the joys of being a headteacher ;-)

20. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Great news coco. Great story. I have been a headteacher for almost one year. How did you overcome your problems and the attitudes of your HT when you were a deputy? How did you rebuild your confidence? I am facing problems of a similar vein from the governors. What did you do?