1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feel like I am being scammed by a certain educational computer company - Trying not to name names but not a million miles from MR backwards.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Moveschools, May 8, 2012.

1. Hello world,
    I am looking for an alternative to RM maths, it is driving me mad on the network at school and doesn't seem to work correctly anymore. (we are running it wireless) Anyway, up pops RM Easimaths, based on RM maths (according to the literature) it has very similar features but it is net based so children can use at home.
    Sounds fantastic but then the cost!
    Ok did no one tell RM that there is a severe funding shortage in schools, they want £800 just for the school based part and over £1000 if I add on the home learning element.

Cough cough you say, well after I picked myself up of the floor I asked if we could trial it for a few months to see if it is what we are after. Their answer? "No."

It seems I have to part with more than my annual budget to subscribe to something that I do not even know has a proven worth, do not know if it has the features I want and could could bankrupt the school. Okay the last one is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea I am sure.

We currently use sumdog.com, free for the most but if I want the students data would cost us about £1 a child a year.

That's around £140, mhmm let me think.

So wonderful teachers who have stuck with me this far. Any suggestions?
    There has to be something out there, somewhere?
    Or any schools using RM easimaths want to tell me if it is worth getting bawled out of the bosses office for stealing the whole school budget?

Any help would be great
    :)
    ;)

2. Hello world,
    I am looking for an alternative to RM maths, it is driving me mad on the network at school and doesn't seem to work correctly anymore. (we are running it wireless) Anyway, up pops RM Easimaths, based on RM maths (according to the literature) it has very similar features but it is net based so children can use at home.
    Sounds fantastic but then the cost!
    Ok did no one tell RM that there is a severe funding shortage in schools, they want £800 just for the school based part and over £1000 if I add on the home learning element.

Cough cough you say, well after I picked myself up of the floor I asked if we could trial it for a few months to see if it is what we are after. Their answer? "No."

It seems I have to part with more than my annual budget to subscribe to something that I do not even know has a proven worth, do not know if it has the features I want and could could bankrupt the school. Okay the last one is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea I am sure.

We currently use sumdog.com, free for the most but if I want the students data would cost us about £1 a child a year.

That's around £140, mhmm let me think.

So wonderful teachers who have stuck with me this far. Any suggestions?
    There has to be something out there, somewhere?
    Or any schools using RM easimaths want to tell me if it is worth getting bawled out of the bosses office for stealing the whole school budget?

Any help would be great
    :)
    ;)