1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feel let down and held back.....

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by sciencequeen00, Mar 15, 2011.

1. sciencequeen00

sciencequeen00 New commenter

I feel like I am being held back and I am unsure what I should do! I feel like I should be given a TLR but there is no money in the budget (at the moment) and I have been told this!
    Basically I have been doing above and beyond my normal teaching role and have been given the carrot of being a department key stage coordinator for quite some time. I have been setting assessments which all the department use, setting up resources, spreadsheets, helping NQTs with this area of work, setting up schemes of work, improving G and T lessons.....I do a lot to coordiante key stage 3 and have always been promised I will be in charge of ks3 once I gain experience. I have a good vision for our departemt and I am prepared to work hard and continue to put in the hours if I am ks3 head.All the department come to me for ks3 advice and help. My lessons are rated as good- outstanding.

I run an ks3 enrichment group, an afterschool engineer club, do private science tuition and group revision.....

There is apparently no budget for a ks3 coordinator even though I am doing alot of extra work. It has helped my teaching no end but not being recognised for it or paid it not at all fair- what do people advise?
    Where do I go now? I have been told there is no money at this moment for my role!!!!!!

2. sciencequeen00

sciencequeen00 New commenter

Does anyone else have a similar story?

3. I have had this conversation with 3 people in my faculty. It is really hard because I need someone to do these jobs, but can't give them any pay...