1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feel a bit down but ok????...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Penguin1212, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Well last week on a whim I decided to apply for an AHT position, I know I would love to have that role and beleive I have the skills to do it, so I threw my hat into the ring! SHOCKINGLY I got an interview and off I went....
    Got through it, my taught activity was deemed good/outstanding, my presenstation was very good, but the interview itself - was hard - felt exhausted after presentation and my brain totally would not work - some of the questions were so
    long and wordy that I paniced and my mind raced so I know I didn't
    answer the best I could, even though I knew the answer...some of the quesitons took me a little by
    surprise and was something I had not anticipated - ooops!..amazing how
    when you get out of the building you kick yourself for all the
    wonderful and stunning things that you should have said. But even though I was in an amazingly strong field, my application was last minute and I did not expect to get it...I still feel so down and awful...head was lovely on phone said my answers just lacked a little bit of depth (which I knew) and to phone him in a few days for more feedback as he belives I am very close!...Everyone has been lovely, people in school be so supportive and encouraging, friends from previous school the same - just feel like I have let myself and people down!!!
    I know its stupid, I am lucky I have a good job and its not like I completely bombed!! Just wanted to get it out...Anyone else been through something similar - does this crappy feeling eventually disappear???? Thanks for listening/reading!

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

You nearly got the job, in a strong field, too! Now you know what to expect, and the sort of questions you will be asked, you're bound to be offered the next one you apply for, so just think of this as a dry run!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent!
    Love the difference in text on the thread and the same text above my post as I type.

YEAY! Good to finish the week feeling great.