1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeding routine - 26 weeks old

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by ellesabe, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I have also struggled slightly with the routine of meals but have come at it from a different angle as I actually started weaning with lunch, then added dinner then breakfast.

As the previous poster suggested, rather than 'dropping' milk feeds, so far I have just jiggled them to different times so that they are more spread out and therefore fewer. I used to do milk feeds at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 6:30pm and 11pm. Now our average day looks like this:

7am - milk
    8am - breakfast
    10:45 - milk
    12:00 - lunch
    2:30 - milk
    5:30 - tea
    6:45 - milk
    Middle of the night - sometimes milk if she wakes.

She tends to nap at 9am and 12:30pm.

LO is 7.5 months by the way.

2. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

First thing I'd say is please don't stress hon, people do weaning all different ways and all kids end up on junk food in their teens (ok only joking, but most go through that phase even if mum made all organic food etc!). If you want to do the current 'proper' way you can get leaflets from the health visitor or surestart, but many parenst just let the child progress at his won pace, gradually introduce more foods and try to reduce milk

3. Thanks for all the replies! I feel a lot less stressed after reading them. Think I just need to chill out a bit and let it all fall into place. Have found this week that little man eats more 'food' about and hour after his milk so going to carry on with that and see what happens! Will prob be back soon for more advice thou :) xxx