1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeding back on the forums

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gailrobinson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Hello Kathemy

I just wanted to answer a couple of your questions.

The user testing we did involved having over 100 teachers coming into our offices to test the new site. In addition we ran the old and new sites simultaneously for a month and everybody was given access to the new site and asked for their feedback.

The problem with the old site was the technology it was sitting on was just not up to the job any more.

On Monday we will drop the following fixes onto the site which I hope will make a difference....

1 The page weight on the forums has been reduced, so this should improve the speed

2 We have added the option to change background colour schemes on posts

3 The Add a Friend function has been fixed so it's avaialble when you hover over a user's avatar

I know there are still problems and I can assure you we are still working on them as soon as I have more news on specific dates I'll let you all know.
    All the best

Gail

2. The changes had better happen soon or here will be no-one left to use them!

Speed - great if that's faster

Colour - yes please

Add a friend - No thanks

Who posted -YES! I don't care who the last poster was I want to know original poster

In fact since all this has been going on since mid August I think it would be lovely to get back to normal before Christmas - PLEASE!

I miss the old TES site and the posters who have deserted it.

3. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

Please don't waste time on the Add a Friend stuff.

Change the listing so the original poster is shown.

4. shetland-kat

shetland-kat New commenter

Exactly!! and a hotlist that works!!

Oh and i was someone who did the online test of the new site.

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Just change the ******** colour!!!! I don't have TIME to faff about with 'options', Just make it NOT WHITE!!! I don't have time to add a bleeding friend! I don't have time for friends in this sodding job!!! Just make it all work quicker and not in WHITE..

6. T34

T34 Established commenter

Amen to that.

Is that another way of saying you are going to miss some things off it?

Now it seems none of the technology is up to the job anymore.

7. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

Well said everyone especially lardylegs and the last poster.

8. I have today posted a message for the first time since the new site was launched. This was only possible because its half term and I felt I had the time to faff about and try to solve issues with the site. Have NOT posted for advice when I really needed it as it would have been an added pressure I just didn't need! Would not have hesitated to post for advice from old site as it would have taken seconds! This new site is just not user friendly at all - nothing does quite what you expect it to and none of what you want it to!

9. You are SO right!

And . . .

Change the listing so the ORIGINAL POSTER is shown.

10. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

Yes!

Do it NOW NOW NOW

11. kingy7

kingy7 New commenter

This is the first time i have logged in & replied as it is now half term and, as said previously by one of the last posters, I have a little longer to 'faff' around!! I used to spend hours, literally hours, browsing the site, looking at, replying and taking in lots of advice from posters, enjoying the whole teacher network etc etc... But since the make over it takes too long to log in, reply, search.... the list goes on... My hot list???????? that's another matter... I haven't even bothered to add any more. Why oh why did it have to change so drastically? I appreciate, as i'm sure do most people, that technology is moving fast, but surely, the demise of the friendly TES site is not worth all the change, is it? Look forward to seeing improvements bringing the site back to it's friendlier status soon!!!

Phew!! Rant over!!!

12. I hate the way it takes so long to reply because of all the extras that are loading that no one really needs anyway
    B i <u>U</u> <strike>ABC </strike>erm don't know what the rest mean. You don't need cut copy paste and you can just right click and as for smilies...don't get me started on those.
    Cut out the rubbish and get back to what matters

13. shetland-kat

shetland-kat New commenter

14. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

I hope TES take note of Craig's new and amazingly FAST forum. Well done Craig, it's brilliant - just what's needed!