1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feeding back on the forums

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gailrobinson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

I think if it were just one temporary glitch, most people would be able to forgive the site...it is just ongoing - problem after problem after problem! It is putting people off for good.

2. and it just seems to be getting slower and slower.

It is so sad that something, that once was so lively, fun, interesting, helpful, supportive has now become something that is just turning people away.

Please do something that actually works before it is all too late.

3. redx11

redx11 New commenter

The site is absolute rubbish, It is the slowest site I visit, it takes ages to move around, it has taken 3 attempts to log on, very frustrating.

I used to love this site but now I only visit occasionally. I have noticed many posters have disappeared.

If you return to the old site they may all come back.

4. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

I've tried posting twice tonight and (apart from the page juddering around as it's started freezing up - as it does) when I've gone to post I've ended up in the jobs section - once for KS2/KS3 and once for a job in Saudi Arabia. What's all that about.....

Can anything more go wrong?

5. Lots and lots of new posts, often duplicated, with few replies - things get buried very quickly.

6. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

Dear TES...

This used to be a site to recommend, well loved, very helpful, lots of people online....

Now it's not.....

please, please listen to everyone who is asking you to sort it out because it used to be such a valuable resource and sounding out sort of place....

I miss the old site...I don't like this one....I don't come here much so I don't find things to look at and use from it anymore, or read about how people teach or what teachers are doing...

I just don't understand why you changed something that was very good into something that just isn't..

7. Just kept popping back to tonight - nothing has moved on these boards for nearly 45 minutes now. At quarter past nine on a weeknight this place used to be buzzing. It is now a ghost town.

You've wrecked it, TES, absolutely destroyed a thriving, busy, friendly, warm community.

8. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

I may be wrong, but is it getting slightly faster to navigate this site over the past day or so?

Now I pray they tackle the need to log in EVERY TIME!!! AAAAARGH!

9. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

Yep - it's gone from 45 seconds (from clicking on reply to being able to type first letter) to less than 15.

fingers crossed it keeps improving.

10. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Hear, hear, Marilyn!

(I notice that over 4500 posts were made in the last 24 hours, so maybe things are starting to pick up...it will take some time for the site to get regain its status, I suspect, however.)

11. EBD35

EBD35 Occasional commenter

Why oh why does the site keep going down?

12. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

Really annoying!!!

13. Am so fed up! Have they actually fixed anything while the site was down?

14. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

wasn't sure so tried it three times - best I could from clicking on pg 6 of this thread to get here through to first letter of this post..........

25 seconds!!!!

15. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

Couldn't get on at all over the weekend!!!!

It did mean that I spent time doing other things though. Would it have been too hard just to post a message on the home page about what was going on??[​IMG]

16. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

And then it crashed again!!!

17. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

AND it's STILL WHITE!!!!! Why don't they just adjust the colour, even to cream?????

18. I too find the white dazzling & difficult to take for any length of time. I suspect the colour is all part of the website's new 'brand' & hence the extreme reluctance to let it go. If this is the case, then it was probably part of a costly make-over package.

19. I thought I'd 'check in 'over the weekend to see if the TES had listened to our pleas over the last couple of months, but I couldn't log on. Now I have managed to do so, it all looks the same, the same blinding white, tiny font - and not many people logged in.
    Every time I log in, I have my fingers and toes crossed that the site is back to how it was, with the same look, the same posters, the same kind of threads, but it never fails to disappoint! My 'check ins' are getting less frequent now - maybe I have been well and truly cured of my addiction! Still can't stop hoping though ...!

20. I meant to say that I always used to recommend this site to my NQTs. I haven't recommended it to my latest one though, which is such a shame. This site helped me so much when I was an NQT and I feel very disloyal not recommending it anymore, but the fast, lively, funny and HELPFUL community has eroded away. I t hink it is too late to get it back now.