1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback Wanted On Maths Board Game Idea

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by PrimaryMathsResources, Dec 6, 2017.

1. PrimaryMathsResources

PrimaryMathsResources New commenter

Hi All,

I had an idea for a maths based board game with unlimited question cards, but wanted to gauge interest in it before I spend the time developing it.

The idea is to make (and then sell on TES) a board game board layout, figures, dice template etc and then also develop a new page on my website where, with a little user input (relevant topics, age etc. etc.), you could make and print question cards for free over and over again. This way the board could be reused for any class in any year and for a range of topics after only 1 purchase.

I was also thinking that the download with the board design in could include a html version so it could be played on an interactive board with the whole class.

It could take a little while to develop so some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Bloomstar

Bloomstar New commenter

I'd suggest doing it the other way around and selling the question cards and giving away the board/dice for free (with one set of question cards as a free trial).

It would be easy to just download all the free question sets and make up my own board with my own rules. It wouldn't be as easy to reproduce all the question cards. You could also get the board layout free from preview pictures.

Unless I misunderstood and you are having logins on your website and the questions aren't free?