1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback in French

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mflclaire, Oct 7, 2015.

1. mflclaire

mflclaire New commenter

Hi

I always get the students to comment in French after peer assessing one another. I'm looking for a worksheet with different phrases on as I'm getting a little tired of très bien...
    I wondered if anyone already had one before I created one myself?
    I've had a look on the resources but to no avail!

Thanks

Claire

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not exactly what you're looking for because the proforma leaves the 'potential comments' up to the teacher depending on the language. However once you've built up a 'bank of phrases, 'Vous avez bien travaillé ', Vérifiez les orthographes, Bon Effort, Une autre fois, essayez d'utiliser plus d'adjectifs' etc these sheets may be of use, https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/two-medals-and-a-step-forward-6013347.

3. mflclaire

mflclaire New commenter

Thank you for your reply, I'd seen those sheets and they will be very useful...once I've got the bank of phrases up and running! I use them all the time verbally, but just thought it would be handy for the students to have glued in the back of their books as a reference sheet.

4. Carlav

Carlav New commenter

Hi Claire,

I think I have something you might like but I couldn't upload it here. I've send you a p.m. in "conversations" with a plan B.

Cheers,

Carla

5. -myrtille-

-myrtille- Occasional commenter

I've not tried feedback in the TL before, but we've been given a new marking policy recently and I think some of the ideas from that could help with what you're doing. We do 2 stars and a wish but the problem has been teachers writing too much and pupils not really responding, so now we've been given more specific guidance on how to do the 2 stars and a wish.

The stars (or "what went well") are supposed to be single words/short phrases. So this would make your peer-assessment much simpler as pupils need a vocab list rather than a phrase list - présentation / orthographe / verbes au passé / accents / détail / opinions.

The wish has to be an imperative (needless to say many teachers of other subjects needed an explanation of what that meant, in the whole school meeting where we were told this!) to make sure pupils have to do something specific in response to the feedback. So again, you can just give pupils a list of imperatives to pair with the nouns for the stars - vérifie / ajoute / n'oublie pas...