1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Federation schools - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ilovetheholidays, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Ilovetheholidays

Ilovetheholidays New commenter

Hi, after poor results, our governing body are considering making our school a federated school. What are your experiences/thoughts on this? I've looked at older posts from 2008 but can't fnd anything recent which can tell me how successful or unsuccessful it's been?
    Your ideas greatly appreciated!

2. Ilovetheholidays

Hi, after poor results, our governing body are considering making our school a federated school. What are your experiences/thoughts on this? I've looked at older posts from 2008 but can't fnd anything recent which can tell me how successful or unsuccessful it's been?
    Your ideas greatly appreciated!

3. Good idea. Take a successful SMT and put it in charge of a few schools, sacking failed SMTs. It saves a fortune for the tax payer. A good management model can easily be scaled up to run a federation.

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Depends on your position! If you are a **** head, you won't be picked as head of the fed. so you better start work that allotment now. If you are a **** deputy you will be put under incredible pressure to get your act together, if you can't do it, walk away now.
    If you are a good teacher, you will be given every opportunity to extend your skills, if you are an OK teacher you will be given new chances to improve.
    I think it's good for most, widens your horizons, if you are sat happily knitting daydreams you could be in for a sharp shock.

5. Ilovetheholidays

Thank you for your comments. I am a class teacher and our head is leaving. Change might be good for our school but in my opinion our deputy is very good and does what's best for the children. I guess only time will tell...