1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Federation - help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by crumblebucket, May 6, 2011.

1. My school federated with another small primary school at the beginning of the year. Can anyone tell me whether the ExecHT of the federation can insist that I work in the other school, either occasionally or for extended periods? I know that any staff taken on since federation will be taken on under a "federation contract" and can therefore be expected to switch between schools if required, but can anyone with an existing contract with either school be expected to switch?
    Thanks

2. bluebell27

bluebell27 New commenter

I am sure they can change anyone's contract to fit the needs and smooth running of the two sites. So I would say it doesn't matter where you worked before, the two sites are working as one so I would think you can be asked to go whereever the need. Unfortunately that decision is not left to the genearl staff but SMT.

3. Thank you Bluebell. Hopefully it won't happen as it may cause a transport issue, but I will double check my contract to see if it has anything that might cover this.