1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fed up with people saying....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ff392, Jul 16, 2011.

1. it's time to get out and meet someone new - it's only been 5 months and whereas I'm mostly ok being separated - I have days ( like today ) when I am low and miss my ex.

So not helped when friends say meet someone else !

yuk thought ................[​IMG]

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Don't bother then.

3. Trust me.....I'm certainly not looking !! Think freaked a bit last night as went out with 2 friends, one bit single for 5 years and very much looking for a man... felt uncomfortable !

4. Take as much time as YOU need. For me, it was 8 months. For others it would be 8 days. For others, 8 years.

5. You've been through a lot. Try not to worry about people's well meaning advice, it is well meaning but can grate a bit when you're feeling the pressure.

6. Why is the assumption that you can't be happy unless you're attached? Why do friends (who admittedly are trying to be helpful) seem to think that someone else is responsible for your happiness? I've managed to stop my friends saying things like this but it took a few curt and clear comments for them to realise they weren't helping. My general response was along the lines of 'all I need is me and my beautiful daughter, for anything else there is always Ann Summers'.......

7. Well indeedy. Better an empty house than a bad tenant, as my Dad used to say. If you feel your life is unmanageable without an adult sexual relationship, then you have to decide what percentage of your daily energy allowance can be allocated to it, and if it turns out, wasted.

8. I like this :) After I posted my comment I was thinking with horror at some of the 'bad tenants' I am thoroughly glad to be rid of. What was I thinking?

9. Seriously?!
    The common response is, "Even fish like a ride", so be ready with a suitable reply :)