1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fed up of being single

Discussion in 'Personal' started by phlogiston, Apr 23, 2011.

1. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Get out and do things with people, whether its rotoract, music, evening classes, football, bird fanciers, orienteering....
    ....and make friends first.
    P

2. I see the "I bet I can make you horny...pm me" thread has been removed , monsieur rob. ;¬))

3. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I wish phlogiston that it was that easy. I am 30, single, female. I have just moved to a small town where I know no-one. I am not desperate as i believe if it is meant to happen it will BUT honestly, even trying to make friends in a new town is very, very difficult. I go out and get myself involved but have found it very hard to get people to talk etc etc...
    They say patience is a virtue....i will continue to be patient.

4. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

It can be so difficult, I'm "not looking" but a friend said yesterday that she thinks I seem too content on my own so I don't give off the 'I am interested!' vibe! You can't win! At least I will have a cat [​IMG] the single female teacher's salvation.

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Make the most of the Internet.
    I am pretty much housebound for long periods. Add to that the fact that my Aspieness makes it difficult/impossible for me to interact 'normally' (Dreadful word!) and it really shouldn't come as any surprise that I am single and have extended periods of being fed up and hating it. It doesn't help that realistically I can't see things changing - but I live in hope!
    With the Internet I can interact with people . I don't go looking for my 'dream' partner. I go on for a chat. Or to look for/give advice. Or talk about topics that interest me. Or play scrabble et.c with Internet partners.
    I live in hope that one day that special someone will somehow turn up. (And trust me, to take me on they will have to be pretty darned special!...but then again, I'm an amazing catch - screwed up beyond belief, but amazing! - so I deserve someone special!).
    In the mean time, I've met some terrific people on-line....and quite a few not-so-terrific too! The closest person I have to a friend is someone I met on-line (and have yet to meet in person).
    If I had just gone on-line to look for that 'one' person. I'd have missed out on a fair amount of fun, and getting to know some great people. It's the same out there in the 'real' world - or so I've been told! Go out, have fun and if you meet someone special, it's a bonus.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

oh er....so it isnt me then?[​IMG]
    all you gotta do is wear your basque and say come and get me....[​IMG]
    You would never forget me........very few do lol

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Oldie, I said my closest friend was someone I haven't met in RL...so that doesn't rule you out!.......however unless you are a totally insane Aussie female who doesn't post on TES, then sadly, no it's not you!
    However, you are one of the people who can make me laugh...I'll never forget the time you tried to woo me in German!.....and you have a cyber-flirting style that is unique to say the very least!....plus you don't take yourself too seriously....and you have a charming fixation on seeing me in a basque.....all of which makes you a fun person to know!

8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Uses incorrect grammar.

9. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Rob has a point though....

Women don't seem to like men who can do all that he can........ *cue floodgates of uppity comments from aforementioned women* [​IMG]

MM

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

das ist gut yah?
    what you mean a fixation.i have the dream that one day i shall lol.....i can mentally se you wearing it with your copious body waiting to be relaesed from its constriants...said in the nicest way of course!
    lol Poseme fun.yah ayah ya......mind you some folk say mad as well......not sure which side of the divide im in!

11. It looks like you are getting a rough deal here...maybe try a dating website and not a teacher's forum...you may be faced with little less hostility, honey!

12. You're looking for advice on an internet forum, have you tried internet dating?
    4 years ago I had just split up with my husband and found myself single for the first time in my adult life. Didn't know how the whole 'dating thing' really worked, so although I was a little sceptical about internet dating, I joined a website and went on a couple of dates to get my confidence back up etc. A few months later I started swapping emails with a guy who made me laugh, and look forward to his messages. We met up, began dating. Got married 2 weeks ago!
    It can work, but as people have said, desperation is not attractive. Get chatting to people, swap messages, have some fun, but take it slowly. There were a few people I blocked who, after swapping a few innocent emails, suddenly wanted to take things to a different level. Desperation shows!