1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fed up of being off sick

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by betsy66, Feb 8, 2011.

1. As the title says really! This will be my 12th day off work this term. I have had a stomach bug, chest infection, pleurisy and now another stomach bug. Completely fed up, love my job and want to be at work. I'm awaiting a gall bladder removal and at the moment seem to just look at a bug and I catch it. Everyone at work is being lovely but I know they are muttering behind my back and the parents are getting fed up too.
    At the moment my stomach is getting much better and I was hoping to be back today but have woken up with what feels like the start of yet another fluey bug. I just don't know what to do to build myself up. A friend has suggeted metatone (any experiences?) but couldn't find any in the local pharmacy and haven't the energy to go further afield. Plus I'm on so many different tablets I rattle.
    I am on a strict low fat diet because of the gallstones and having had what feels like a constant bug for 2 months I cannot control my weight loss. I can look in the mirror and count every bone down my back and ribs. It actually hurts to lie down as my hip bones stick out so much. I have never been very big but it's just getting ridiculous now.
    Don't really know why I'm posting just wanted to moan I suppose and ask for any advice to build up my immune system and to put on weight!

2. As the title says really! This will be my 12th day off work this term. I have had a stomach bug, chest infection, pleurisy and now another stomach bug. Completely fed up, love my job and want to be at work. I'm awaiting a gall bladder removal and at the moment seem to just look at a bug and I catch it. Everyone at work is being lovely but I know they are muttering behind my back and the parents are getting fed up too.
    At the moment my stomach is getting much better and I was hoping to be back today but have woken up with what feels like the start of yet another fluey bug. I just don't know what to do to build myself up. A friend has suggeted metatone (any experiences?) but couldn't find any in the local pharmacy and haven't the energy to go further afield. Plus I'm on so many different tablets I rattle.
    I am on a strict low fat diet because of the gallstones and having had what feels like a constant bug for 2 months I cannot control my weight loss. I can look in the mirror and count every bone down my back and ribs. It actually hurts to lie down as my hip bones stick out so much. I have never been very big but it's just getting ridiculous now.
    Don't really know why I'm posting just wanted to moan I suppose and ask for any advice to build up my immune system and to put on weight!

3. Cant offer any advice but just want to say dont worry too much about what you think people must be thinking as Im sure they arent
    Ive been off work for months now and I worry all the time but in reality no one is saying anything other than asking if Im okay
    Hope someone can offer you some good advice though.x