1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

February Half-Term TES Meet, London

Discussion in 'Personal' started by EmanuelShadrack, Dec 28, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

No, just passing through on the way to the Peak District... didn't know about the flypast until I saw the news tonight.

2. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If you keep it going, it can be recycled for next year.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

That would confuse everyone enormously, with the non-existent date, and out-of-date list. Therefore... it's an excellent suggestion :D

This is starting to feels like one of those mass emails where everyone replies all, saying "Stop replying all" :D

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's become a recent phenomena that not only do I have the problem of deleting those emails, the organisation I work for merged with another that uses Workplace for work colleagues to communicate with. So every time someone posts a message on it, I get an email advising me they've done so, along with an idiotic message from Outlook telling that my mailbox is almost full.

I know I can turn off Workplace notifications, but Workplace is the favoured venue for senior management to disseminate stuff they need us to be up to speed with, so what's a bloke supposed to do?

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Workspace, but for those of you who have yet to experience it, it's a Facebook offshoot that is even more inane that Facebook, insofar as most employers wouldn't take kindly to employees who spent a lot of their working lives on Facebook, but those who use Workplace are encouraged to post the same sort of drivel among colleagues.

Trust me, if Workplace is coming your way and you're able to, now will be a good time to think about retirement.

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Did you see the....

Ahhhh