1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FE useful information

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by dhill15, Apr 10, 2017.

1. dhill15

dhill15 New commenter

Hi
    I would be really interested to find out what sort of resources you find useful when looking for a new role. I have information on micro-teaches, CV writing, interview prep and observations but was wondering if there is anything else new lecturers would like to/should know.
    Thanks in advance

2. IlMentore

IlMentore New commenter

What to do when things go wrong...

If you look at the threads where new and student educators suffer a setback, most of them are simply down to not knowing what support is available. What are the responsibilities of an employer regarding student lecturers or newly-qualified lecturers? How do you find your union? What is the real-world impact of a 'bad' observation? When should you call your mentor? When should you ask for a new mentor?

Some basic FAQs and myth-busting would be great.

3. dhill15

dhill15 New commenter

I hadn't really thought about any negatives and when things go wrong. Thank you! You have definitely given me lots to think about.