1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FE Lecturer - What can I teach in Dubai/Middle East?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by JG1978, Jun 24, 2018.

1. JG1978

JG1978 New commenter

Hi folks,

Hello! I am an FE Lecturer in Law, with 12 years experience (and University teaching experience) and educated to Masters Level and with TQFE and do a lot of work for SQA also (i.e. Prior Verification and Centre Approvals) - basically, I am unsure 'what' I can teach in Dubai and the Middle East as most jobs seems to focus only on primary and secondary levels. Would I only be able to Universities and/or are their College 'equivalents' in Dubai and the Middle East, and even beyond? It has proved 'tricky' to find out such information online!

If anyone is or has been out in Dubai or suchlike, and has an FE background, I would be very interested in hearing from you, or anyone who can point me in the right direction - it would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Jason.

2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I would think you could get a job at one of the local unis - and certainly at one of the post compulsory colleges - The ones I know in Abu Dhabi are HCT, Fatema College, Al Jazeera(sp?) Institute, Abu Dhabi Polytechnic for colleges and Zayed Uni, Khalifa Uni and Petroleum Institute (though I think all three are combining) and Al Ain uni - but there are a few smaller/private ones also I think.

The only way to find vacancies is to look on their website AFAIK - One of my High School colleagues made the move to a Uni a couple of years ago and she was either recruited or knew someone who suggested she applied. I'm not sure where you'd stand with Law though as obviously the legal system is very different here.

Edit: Here's a list of HE institutes in Abu Dhabi from ADEK https://www.adek.abudhabi.ae/en/Students/Pages/List-of-Higher-Education-Institution.aspx

you can probably find something similar for Dubai.